Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Who Am I?

 Welcome,

    My name is Zachary Bint and I am 22 years old as of this post. I am a student, a coach, and an athlete. I am in my 5th year of the Brock University Concurrent Education program with my undergrad being a bachelor's degree in honours physical education and am now in teachers college. Outside of school I have began coaching my friends and some clients in their fitness journeys. As an athlete I am a powerlifter with Brock Barbell and compete in the Ontario Powerlifting Association (OPA).

    In my day to day life I am participating in strength training 2-3 hours a day, spending even more time cooking, being a student with class and assignments, and to relax I either watch movies or play video games (sometimes both at the same time). 

    My journey as an athlete has been that of variety. I grew up playing hockey and soccer competitively, continued to seek success in hockey until I aged out at 20 and continued my education at Brock. I have been training for 14 years, many of that specifically for hockey but in the most recent years I have shifted to powerlifting. I have been a powerlifter for 4 years now and have found an outlet in lifting. It was a hard transition from playing hockey  5-6x a week to nothing. Lifting has been great for my mental and physical health.

    The goal of this blog is for me to further my coaching knowledge and widen the variety of coaching I can provide. I believe that life long physical activity is very important for everyone. Reducing cardio vascular risk, being active with family, and being able to complete day to day tasks into your later years are some of the most important things in my mind. My goal is to help people on their personal fitness journey no matter the goal.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools, Pools, Pools

 Hello, Hello! The last 2 weeks have been a blur. I have worked every day for 3 weeks now and am starting to feel the burn out.  That being ...