Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Content Creation

This week has been moving at a miraculous pace! I feel like I have been sitting at my desk working, training, editing videos, and doing research all week. I have lost track of what day it is and that is ok since I am in school. So long as I meet due dates I feel free to work at my own pace.

Videos Creation

My videos are almost always revolved around my lifting. If I plan to do any video work it is around the times that I work out. It is nice in a way because I kill two birds with one stone if you will. I started off taking video of my top sets and first working sets for my powerlifting coach over three years ago. Since then I have continued to shoot these kind of update videos every session since. Only recently have I started to get a little more creative in how I video. I have been changing angles, videoing for longer periods of time to get my reactions and thoughts and the odd video with my siblings doing some wacky things when they come to spot me.



Video Editing

From the videos that I capture I start to edit them. The software that I have been finding great success with is CapCut and VideoLeap. CapCut is fun to use because I can scroll through TikTok and find different ideas and they have the template right there. At a click of a button I am redirected to CapCut with the template and all I need to do is fill in the content. The only downside is when creating your own videos that are all original, with no template it is a little tedious and hard to use for new video creators like myself.

This is where VideoLeap came in and saved the day! If I had to make a guess I have put in probably 25 hours worth of time video editing in the last week trying to learn what is popular and how to be more seamless in the transitions. I have found quite the enjoyment going through and creating videos. At times it is frustrating but one very nice thing within VideoLeap is that there is a back or forward button! Much like working on word documents if I make an error or add something or delete something I can click back instead of having to go through the process of getting back to the stage that I was just at. 



Informative Videos

The informative videos I have been working on for the exercise library have been quite a challenge. I was finding doing voice overs felt less authentic and during the takes for videos where I was talking were not coming in clean enough. In the last post I mentioned that I had bought some Bluetooth microphones and they are fantastic! The sound is crisp and clear. Additionally, I have learned that angles and video quality is a big thing. The old case had a slice across the camera coverings which made the videos blurry, since the new case came in the quality is night and day. 
Pallof Press - YouTube

Fun Videos

The fun videos I have been making are just to try and spur up page interest. If you are able to hit the algorithms of different platforms you can draw a lot of eyes to your profile. TikTok and other short videos are some of the best forms of advertising that is free! I have been playing around with a variety of videos and have found some of the ones that have gained a little more popularity. End of the day my posting on social media other than YouTube is for my enjoyment and if I am not enjoying it odds are I will stop. The mix between informative and these more fun videos keeps the work light and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools, Pools, Pools

 Hello, Hello! The last 2 weeks have been a blur. I have worked every day for 3 weeks now and am starting to feel the burn out.  That being ...