Sunday, April 23, 2023

Meet Day

 


Welcome back for another week of eventful action!

This week was the week of my powerlifting meet. I was nursing a knee injury and was unable to squat over 205lb without pain over the last 3 weeks. You can imagine the strain that was putting on my mental. We went into the meet with our eyes set on making it to centrals by obtaining a qualifying total with very modest openers based on how my knee was doing. That being said day of competition came and there was no knee pain. Someone up there was looking out for me and gave me a break.

The meet was in a relatively small facility and had officials from the Ontario Powerlifting Association to sanction the meet. Weigh ins were at 7:30am so I was up nice and early at 5:30am to get there and find where I was to weigh in. I had a maybe 1000 calories and no water for 12 hours going into the weigh ins where I a made weight at 80.53kg. The prep was officially done and I made sure to eat and rehydrate before the lifting started at 9:30am. 

Attempts: 8/9

Squat - 160, 190, 212.5

Bench - 115, 122.5, 130x

Deadlift - 205, 217.5, 227.5

Total on the day 562.5kg (1237.5lb)

Videos can be found on the lifting Instagram page Zach Bint (@zbint_training) • Instagram photos and videos

After all said and done with the help of my coach we achieved a total that makes us eligible for centrals and provincials. We are still fighting to get a total that would give us a placement at nationals but that will come in the near future. We wanted to step onto the platform for the first time and build up some confidence. The final bench that was disallowed was a battle and I made sure to let it come down to judge decision.

Going into the future of my training I look to start really improving on my focus. I have been focused in an overall sense but at times my focus is not fully there and there are a few reps or sets that are not up to meet standards. I think that everything we do needs to have intent behind it or there is no point to doing it. It is like having the intent of getting a 6 pack, you do all this training but you do not eat well. There is a piece of the puzzle that is missing. From here on in everything will have an intent behind it in training and I hope it carries over to everything I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools, Pools, Pools

 Hello, Hello! The last 2 weeks have been a blur. I have worked every day for 3 weeks now and am starting to feel the burn out.  That being ...