Monday, January 30, 2023

Putting in the Time

The Business

GUMROAD

Over the last week and a half I have moved most of my attention to creating sellable goods. I have created a variety of programs now and have moved to selling on a free website called GUMROAD. The Site provides you with your own link (https://zachbint16.gumroad.com/ )and from there you can begin creating and publishing products. As of this post I have put up a total of 6 programs and am in the works for 2 more. 

The website itself is quite interesting with tens of thousands of products at your finger tips. I have seen some fitness programs that are monthly subscriptions, whole books, mini programs, and so much more. It was very user friendly and allowed me to put together my profile in minutes. The best thing was that I no longer needed to think about the logistics of handing out receipts for programs that I was selling. The website does that for you, gives you record of sales, tracks activity on your page, and gives you analytics referring to what you have been looking at as well. 

Google Sites

The website has come to a screeching halt as I am yet to finish the exercise library and need to collect photos and videos for the home page. I anticipated the webpage to be up and running by now but when making individual exercise videos and voicing over each one takes nearly 10 minutes a video it is hard to allocate enough time while at school and working. That being said, I have made great progress and think that I will have the exercise library done in about 2 weeks time. 

The athlete videos have been good but are quite a lot to ask of my clients currently as they are also working and in school. The goal of the videos is to give open feedback about the services I provide as an online coach and fitness programmer. The feedback will help to improve my coaching and allow me to see what I am doing well or not so well for certain clients. 

The end goal for me and this webpage is to have a one stop shop for my business. I want those who visit to see who I am, what my company is all about and if nothing else gain some resources that will help them on their fitness journey. There will be a page for personal training inquiry, personal programming inquiry, a link to the GUMROAD with a variety of programs, and a resource section with free resources.


Marketing

I have found it challenging to gain traction and really pull interest to my page. I have social media accounts but by no means have a large following. I have been researching how to market and have found some success in word of mouth but that has not helped with my webpages gaining more views. The big thing right now from what I can tell is doing short clips that are within a set trend. 

For example someone who blows up on TikTok because they edited themselves onto a boat. The video itself is not special in any way but there is enough people doing the trend that the algorithm pushes it. The goal is to possibly do some trends related to the fitness niche and start to gain a following. This is by no means a full proof plan and I will need to begin networking and seeking out other options to grow the company.

Currently I have had 28 viewings on GUMROAD and majority have been from posting my URL under my social media. My goal by end of February is to have 100 views on my page.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools, Pools, Pools

 Hello, Hello! The last 2 weeks have been a blur. I have worked every day for 3 weeks now and am starting to feel the burn out.  That being ...