Saturday, February 4, 2023

Webpage Launch!

 I have officially launched the webpage! 

I have been afraid that my webpage would not be perfect. I have been sitting on what is posted for nearly 2 weeks with minor changes and more focus on other things like programming and learning some new skills related to coaching. It was not until relaxing and playing some video games with a couple friends that they brought up the point that nothing will ever be perfect. This insight made me think that if I post my webpage I can start working on getting traffic to it and learn. I can always edit the webpage and publish the edited site at any time. My fear of feedback and not having it done perfectly the first time was holding me back. Having a friend group that gives you perspective is very important. 



Dedicated Development

Videos

In the last post I was sharing that I began an exercise library. This library is compiled of exercises for workouts but will always be growing. Waiting until it is finished to post would not be possible since it is always in revision and editing. The videos I have been making for it have been a lot of learning. I got feedback from some friends and strangers on the information that I have been providing. The overall feedback has been good but a lot of them say at the end of the positives that it seems robotic; I would have to agree. I looked back and I am monotone and walking through the exercise very unenthusiastically. If I am not happy explaining the exercise then why would someone want to do it?

From this point I had to step back and think about what I am going to do. I need to be more alive, more vocal, more exciting! This can be quite challenging talking at a screen. It made me think how do youtubers do it? They talk for hours on end to their live streams and in their videos but they are just that screens and cameras. I had to throw caution to the wind and not care if I felt dumb having a conversation with my phone to create the videos. This made them in turn just a little bit better. I need to get feedback to see if there truly was any progress in the eyes of the viewers but to me its a step.

Webpage

Looking into the domain name and that kind of stuff has been hurting my brain a little. I need to solidify this business and get the site domain down to something easy to find. I am not sure what type of pricing this entails or what I need to do but that will be one of the next steps in this journey.

What does Next Week Hold?

This upcoming week will be a focus on learning how to set up a prep for a powerlifting competition. I currently have an idea because I have been trained through a prep and will once again be starting one next week for April. This being said I have not coached anyone through one and want to make sure I have all my bases covered. This upcoming week along with the domain and business questions I have, I want to start to dive into Competition Prep for powerlifting.

I want to learn the specifics behind how much one should train, what they should focus on, the RPE, the percent 1RM, how to prime the nervous system, what one week out from competition should look, and all the little nuances in between. I want to ensure that I can not only help someone achieve strength and power goals but to help them achieve optimal results for a competition if that is what they desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools, Pools, Pools

 Hello, Hello! The last 2 weeks have been a blur. I have worked every day for 3 weeks now and am starting to feel the burn out.  That being ...