Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Down the Rabbit Hole

 Welcome back to another segment of my life trying to balance a million different things! Today I want to take a step back and show you all what I spent 4 hours making one evening.

Background

I tend to spend about an hour on social media every day. It can be a complete waste of time, but it also often brings out a lot of creativity. I actually found a PowerPoint animation that I wanted to try out a couple weeks ago without anything that I felt passionate about to present in PowerPoint format. Then while scrolling during the week I found it. I found the topic that would push me to step out of my comfort zone and make a presentation for no reason other than to expand my knowledge and skill set.

The idea is a continuation from a couple posts ago that was titled Level Up. The idea in that post was to continuously better yourself and find ways to improve yourself. The PowerPoint is how I planned to do that this evening and become just a little more knowledgeable and skillful in terms of PowerPoint. 

Complacency

The topic of the presentation is complacency. The idea that we become unconsciously numb to our way of life and find joy in the little things. Like most of my time spent on media a little chunk is devoted to watching podcast snippets. The ones that usually get me thinking are controversial and more times than not a little out there. The idea behind watching these is not to agree or disagree but to learn the variety of perspectives and see the complexity in the argument. 

On this particular evening it was a Joe Rogan snippet that got the ball rolling. Within the slide show I have embedded the snippet because I felt that if it got me thinking to the point of wanting to make a whole presentation on the topic, it deserved to be apart of the product as well. 

I will embed the PowerPoint for you to take a look at if you wish to. It works better when you download the file and play it through or else the main page is simply the moving background without any of the animations.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools, Pools, Pools

 Hello, Hello! The last 2 weeks have been a blur. I have worked every day for 3 weeks now and am starting to feel the burn out.  That being ...